Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Poetry my Ass

Being a total bastard prick on the inside, one of my favouritest things in life is taking the piss of what people perceive as being their truest innermost selves. Nothing presents this opportunity more often than amateur poetry, and for that I salute it.

Take for example a guy I used to know who is now posting regular poetry on facebook from the blog he made for it. I could point out so many humorous aspects in this as it really cracks me up. Everything from his commitment to fundamentalist Christianity (his dad happens to be a preacher) to the fact that he reverts to speaking as if he's in the 18th century as soon as he starts writing.

"Time bestows upon me a warning"

But my personal favorite is still the rhyming...       It.      Is.       EXTREME!

Yet finally I define; To give to you the meaning mine
For this term I have in mind, take that which I have refined
For if you are inclined to read my final line.
 
 
So yeah, i'm a bad person.
Love, Sam.

No comments:

Post a Comment