Sunday, April 17, 2011

?

Recently I can't stop thinking about life, specifically the point of it. When I'm dead and gone what will I leave to the memory of the world? Its like they say. Everybody on this planet dies twice. Once when your heart stops beating and then again, a little later, when someone says your name for the last time.

What will I be remembered for? What do I mean to humanity? George Harrison said "Life goes on within you and without you" and for the vast majority of people this is completely true. They waste their lives working in some office or behind a desk and leave nothing to mark their place on this world. Plus half of them are depressed by it, but too scared to take the risks and do what they really want. And after all, what do they get? Crippling illness and financial hardship for most, as they are forced into retirement homes by the strangers they raised. Then there are others, the Che Guevara's and Barack Obama's. The movers and the shakers who shape our planet and sweep the winds of change over our peoples.

What i'm talking about is ambition. I want to do something worthy of being remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment